IT services have matured to the point that they can be easily managed using comprehensive models and frameworks. However, the introduction of externally managed services (such as Cloud), advances in virtualization, and new management tools can introduce pain points in IT service modernization. Acentia is in the forefront of developing and implementing solutions based on these new concepts and tools.
Acentia has been working with over 75 Federal agency customers during the past ten years to provide modernization of IT systems and services. Our solutions architects are familiar with Agency requirements including security, governance, quality, technology, architecture, interoperability, service continuity, and support. Some of our solutions include:
- Email migration to a Cloud service provider for the US Department of Labor
- Secure network management solution for the US Department of Agriculture
- Service desk consolidation for the US Department of Labor and the Federal Aviation Administration
- Identity management design for the US Department of Labor and NOAA
- Windows 7 migration for the US Department of Labor and Federal Drug Administration
- IT transformation for the US Department of Interior
- Server virtualization for the US Department of Labor and Graduate School
Acentia uses a proven code of practice for IT service optimization developed over a twenty year period. This code of practice is compliant with current IT Service Management (ITSM) standards, frameworks, and models including ITIL, CMMI, and ISO 20000. We have a custom program management tool (Insight 360) optimized for ITSM, and employ leading edge tools from Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, Dell, HP, Amazon, Citrix, VMware, Forge Rock, and others. Examples of tools include VMware ESX 3.5 and VSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Remedy, HEAT, Microsoft SMS and SharePoint, and DameWare remote support software.
Acentia partners with tool and product companies to benefit from their domain expertise and product assistance. We are aware of product plans and provide feedback to improve vendor products. We also partner with service companies who specialize in certain critical IT domains to bring an increased depth of experience and lowered risk to the Acentia Team. Some examples of partnering include CACI, HP, Human Touch, Knight Point Systems, MED Trends, Northrop Grumman, and CSC.